Monday, August 4, 2008

What a Summer!

New York- New York
Here is some fun pictures of the travels and memories we made on our trip back East.
It was a great expirence but after a plane ride like we had I won't be leaving home anytime soon... We circled in the air three times making our trip two hours longer, I threw up in a small barf bag 9 times yes 9 times not to mention we almost ran out of gas which left the pilots thinking we would make an emergency land in Conneticut- then after arriving in New York we still had a conncecting flight to Buffalo where we spent the night at Bron and Megans home, which by the way was darling.. thanks.


Here is the beautiful Statue of Liberty. While we were there My mom taught me the poem that Emma Lazarus wrote of Lady Liberty, which is engraved on the foot of the statue.


These next photos are some of my favorites... The memorable walk we made up the Brooklyn Bridge.



In New York we ate well, two of my favorite places was this delicious place on the pier and the other BUBBA GUMP SHRIMP in which we didn't have the camera for, you all know are family loves shrimp!
Wade Grandpa and Jaden went to a Yankees game and to Fenway to a Boston game they said Fenway was unreal and had a great time. So for all of you that know my Dad (die hard Boston hater-Yankee lover) well get a load of this pict. What?- he is even wearing Boston apparel, can you say TRAITOR.

While the boys went to games the girls went to Boroadway plays. Grandma and Dani went to Lion King (amazing) and Tylei and Dani went to Little Mermaid (absolutely a must see). It was so fun.

On our trip we had many Jadenisims like: *Mom how do you turn black? *(After eating pink cotton candy) Why are my hands turning red- I must be turning into spider man. *(In the Sacred Grove) Why won't anybody listen to me.. I need somebody to help me say a prayer so I can see Heavenly Father!


We went to Sleepy Hollow and crossed the bridge that was written of Ichabod Crain and the Headless Horseman.



Now on to Washington DC and Philadelphia...


Where the Constitution was signed.Wade standing at Washington's tomb at Mt. Vernon.What a great picture!The home of Americas important documents, unreal to see with own eyes.Library of Congress. We got to see a lot of neat things in this building, some of my favorites were the Gutenberg Bible, the first maps that were made of the world, the quiet room, and Jefferson's library of books. It is absolutely beautiful inside.Grandma with the kids at Washington Zoo watching the little turtles some the size of quarters.Philidelphia... you gotta eat a Phili Steak Sandwich when you go to Phili.The Sacred Grove

A place we were anticipating to visit for a long time. It was absolutely amazing and a place so perfect for such a divine event. My testimony of the restoration of the Gospel and of Joseph Smith was already established before visiting this site but was neat to have literally walked those sacred places. It does make me more aware of Heavenly Fathers personal love for all of us and that he is no respecter of persons but can reveal himself to those that are worthy and seek him. Here are some pictures that I do truly hold close.

Some pictures of the Smiths home and Hill Camora:

26 comments:

Mandi Brown said...

Dani, that looks awsome, what a fun memory. Love all the picts

Jessica Call said...

How fun to see where you were for all those weeks!JK I cried when I looked at the pictures of the sacred grove. How lucky you are to get to go there! I love the things that Jaden says he is such a cute little guy!!

Chanell said...

Wow- you guys got around! Does Wade teach history? I don't think I could get Brock to go to all those historical sites- I'm sure I could talk him into Fenway Park, but that's about it. It looks like you had a blast- minus the nightmare flight. Your family is so cute.

The Hamlin Family said...

Looks like you had a VERY FUN and VERY BUSY summer. I LOVE it back east...there is so much to do there and so much to learn. Not to mention how exciting NYC is. How fun for your family to be able to go. (Plus, it looks like you had a lot of help from your parents...that's always nice with little ones.) We'll have to get together sometime now that school is starting up again.

PS...Can your family get any cuter???

Autumn said...

What a great trip! It was great to see all the pictures! I would love to do that same trip one day.

Brooke Wheeler said...

Wow! Dani that looks like such a fun trip! The kids and you and wade must have loved it! Thank you so much for all the fun treats, picture, and purse! Haha my mom loved it! Dani I can't believe I am moving! Now who am I going to work out with? Now there is just point of excercising! I should just eat and sleep and just be lazy now that I can't work with you anymore... HAHA TOTALLY just kidding! I am gonna miss your family SO much! So sorry I couldn't babysit today! Tell Tylei and Jayden and cute little joey hello for me and I love them! Love you Dani!
Thanks again!
Love,Brooke ÜÜÜ

Kim said...

I went on that trip a couple years ago and loved it. Lookin at those pictures I wanna go back. It looks like you guys had so much fun

Camie said...

Now that looks like a lot of fun! Great pictures! and I think you are rocking the fanny packs big time!! I think I might want one now.

What a great family experience and what a great family.

Bobette said...

How fun! I love all of the family pics. It looks like it was such a fun time. You can check us out at www.cbdavisfamily.blogspot.com

Darci said...

That looks like it was so much fun!!

Stucki Family said...

Oh my gosh! I love the pictures. It looks like you guys had a great time. I am so jealous! Your kids are adorable!

Elsha Gubler said...

What a fun trip! You have the cutest family!!!

Jana Homer said...

Dani I've missed your posts! Looks like you've been busy on vacation! Looks like you guys had a fun time! I'm jealous you got to see all of that at once! What great memories!

Cameron and Michelle said...

It's about time. It was fun to see all the pics-Cam especially loved the fanny pack!

Kyler and Hillary said...

I have been waiting for an update for awhile now :) I loved looking at all your pictures and reading your little blurps! I love you dani you guys are so great!

LACY said...

Wow how fun! I can't believe your dad would stoop to that level and wear a boston hat!! :) Looks like you guys had an amazing time!

Hall Family said...

Dani I love that yall truly live it up in the summer thats so awesome. Okay those aren't my real sisters they are my best friends we just call eachother sister.... also I told a few people about our awesome new book club. Im excited. You did mean this thursday right???

Meladie said...

Dani!! I was excited when I seen your comment on our blog...I'm glad you found us! It looks like you guys have had lots of fun...your trip to New York looked AWESOME! I really want to go there someday. Oh, and your kids are absolutely adorable!! I'm gonna add ya to our list of friends so we can check back and keep in touch...this way we don't have to wait until our run-ins at the Factory to catch up :) We still need to come down there and go to dinner one night or something!

Unknown said...

Looks like an Amazing vacation! I didn't know you were a blogger?!!!! I am a big blogger too so I'll send you an invite because mines private:) email me at kristenlharris@mac.com because I don't think I have your email!!!

Cory and Katie said...

Hey guys I found your blog and I was so excited to see your fun pics
Stay in touch

Anonymous said...

Dani, how fun. I can't believe you were so close to us this summer. We were in Philly for the summer and did quite a few of the same things you guys did on your trip out east. How Great!! I loved every picture. Your kids are so dalring Dani. I hope things are good for you guys. Tell your fam hi for us.

boandmarianne said...

So fun! DC area is my favorite - so much history to see and do. I never heard about your barf-a-rama on the plane - so sorry. Although the rest of the trip looks like it made up for it! PS I got your chicken recipe from Mandi and we will be trying it out soon!

The Tophams said...

Hey Dani! It's Stacia! I admit, I'm blog stalking, and yours is sure cute! What darling kiddos!
Anyways, just thought I'd say hi!

Grace said...

Hey Dani,

How are things going? I miss seeing you at work.

Well, I thought you might be interested in a contest I have going on right now on my photography blog, so come check it out! www.gracefulphotos.blogspot.com

Talk to ya later!

Run For Annette said...

Annette Lake has breast cancer, you may know her from the computer lab at Snow Canyon. Come out on Wednesday 29th to support her with her fight with breast cancer! If you pre register it will cost only 15 dollars, and includes a t-shirt. Check out the blog for more information!

P.S. Make sure you add "Run For Annette" to your blogging friends!

Caridaun said...

Hey Dani- I was blog stalking and found yours. It looks like you have your hands full isn't it great? Great summer trip looks like fun. Just wanted to say hi. Haven't seen ya in a long while. Caridaun

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online